buy Lyrica Pregabalin WHAT TYPE OF EXERCISES ARE ADVISED TO PREGNANT WOMAN ?
- Aerobic exercises : repeated activities like walking & /swimming are important activities in pregnancy
- Muscle strengthening exercises :
- Exercise for abdominal muscles :
Tightens the abdominal muscles when standing or sitting and count 1,2,3 then relax . It helps in supporting the increasing weight of baby and improves the maternal effort during second stage do delivery ( while pushing the baby down )
- Exercise for back muscles :
Improves the posture and lessens the back pain
- Exercise for pelvic muscles :
Kegel exercises should be started in pregnancy and continued later on in postpartum and throughout life .Pelvic tilt can be done on the ground or standing against a wall .Push belly button toward the ground or wall with controlled pelvis .Hold for a count of 3 and then relax ,repeat for the desired number of repetitions . After 4 months of pregnancy it should be in standing position and before 4 months it can be done in lying down position
- Strength training exercises :
These are dumbbell row ,pull downs , inclined press ,machine press for chest and upper back ,side raises and front raises for shoulders ,biceps & triceps ,curls for arm muscles .These should be moderate intensity and floor exercises are not advisable after 26 wks of pregnancy
HOW MUCH DURATION OF EXERCISE IS ADVISABLE ?
- 30 min of physical activity is advisable ,it should not be more than 45 min .
INTENSITY OF EXERCISE DURING PREGNANCY :
- Women who are sedentary prior to pregnancy can do exercise ,up to 60-70% of maximal heart rate .60-90% of maximum heart rate in previously exercised women
- Maximum heart rate (MHR) is caliculated as 220-age of women .For e.g. Women of 20 yrs age , she can do exercise maximum of heart rate 220-20 =200 , 70% of that 140 is her MHR .That means she should stop her activity if her heart rate exceeds 140 .
Modified heart rate target zones for aerobic exercise in pregnancy
- Maternal age (years) Heart rate target zone ( beats/minute)
Borg scale of perceived exertion
- For moderate exercise during pregnancy,ratings of perceived exertion should be 12-14 (some what hard ) on the 6-20 scale
TO MAKE EXERCISE SAFE :
- One should start exercise slowly 15 min a day add 5 min every week
- Proper breathing is a must during strength exercises
- Wear right shoes for walking , take proper precautions while swimming like comfortable swim wear ,cap and eye protectors etc
- Plenty of water should be taken during exercise
- Back should be always straight while exercising
- Warm up your muscles before you stretch
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Avoid jumping exercises
- Avoid group activities
- Avoid kho Kho, volleyballs
- Exercise above > 6000 ft altitude should be avoided
- Don’t extend ur duration of exercise > 45 min
- Don’t bend on spine to pick an object from ground , it’s from bend at knee level
PRESCRIPTION OF EXERCISE :
- Nowadays prescriptions are including exercises as a part of treatment in many diseases
- Aerobic exercise can be done 5 days in a week , 30 min per day or 150 min / week
- Strength building exercises 2-3 times in a week , 30 min per session
- Yoga and meditation also helpful to maintain fitness
What culture worth the name would deny women the right to safe motherhood ? What value system would send young people ignorant in to the world ,when a little knowledge might save their lives ?